LJX Training signs Armed Forces Corporate Covenant
LJX Training is proud to support our British Armed Forces. To reinforce our commitment to this, we are proud to have signed the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant. The covenant recognises the value that those who serve and have served bring to their country, businesses, and society.
As a company, LJX Training and its staff are committed to this pledge. We promise to treat (served or serving) personnel from the Army, Royal Navy, or Royal Air Force, and their families, with fairness and respect.
LJX Training specialises in arboriculture and forestry training. Our training courses are open to Armed Forces personnel (serving or served) and we actively encourage personnel to join our industry, which can offer an enjoyable and secure career. We provide additional support to help individuals with their transition, working with third-party support organisations, arboriculture companies, and forestry commissions, to seek job opportunities and career openings.
Our commitment is covered across all aspects of our company, including:
- Promoting LJX Training as an Armed Forces-friendly organisation to all stakeholders
- Supporting Armed Forces veterans with training and employment progression
- Working with the Career Transition Partnership to encourage the employment of veterans, recognising military skills and qualifications
- Granting paid and unpaid leave to employees who are members of the Reserve Forces, supporting training, mobilisations and deployment
- Supporting events, such as Reserves Day, Armed Forces Day, the Poppy Appeal and Remembrance initiatives
Dougie Lace, Partner at LJX Training, comments:
"Forestry and arboriculture offer a great opportunity to veterans. The industry is currently going through a skills shortage, at a time when forestry services are in great demand, so the future looks very promising. Veterans have a lot of transferrable skills that can be utilised in forestry & arboriculture. With the right training and support from LJX Training, they can gain suitable qualifications to enter the industry, giving them the opportunity to go on and enjoy a long and rewarding career. The industry offers physical employment, which helps to keep veterans fit, and the outdoors helps to keep their minds fresh - it's the perfect fit! We are proud to support them in any way that we can."
For more information about the opportunities LJX Training has for Armed Forces personnel, please get in touch.